How To Shave Your Chest - by Manscaping.comIf you can, shave your chest in the shower. Doing so will help soften your hair and make it easier to shave. To make it easy on yourself bring a new razor and some shaving gel or shaving cream into the shower. Do your showering thing for a little while to let the water soften your hairs. Then apply the shaving cream and start shaving.
- Be sure to use a sharp blade. You might try using a new blade so that you don't irritate your skin. Rinse it often to keep it clear of hair. Sometimes the shower head doesn’t provide enough pressure to rinse your blade clean, if you have a wimpy shower head, bring a bowl or large cup into the shower to rinse your blade in.
- When shaving, stroke an area no more than twice to reduce skin irritation. Go with the grain (downward for your chest) to prevent irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Be sure to clean the area afterwards with soap and water to reduce the risk of infection. Then follow up with some moisturizer.
- Go as long as possible between shavings to reduce skin irritation.
- Many atheletes shave to promote healing of skin abrasions. Without hair tangling in the inevitable scab those abrasions heal much quicker. This applies more to the arms and legs, but excercising without a shirt does allow chances for road rash on the chest.
- If you have hairs growing out of your nipples, you should consider tweezing. It's painful,but like any repetitive pain you can hope to more easily endure it over time. To make the pain more bearable hold the skin down with one hand while you pluck with the other. The less the skin is allowed to move, the less pain you will feel.
One alternative to shaving and tweezing is to wax the chest. There always detailed instructions with each product available over the counter. Waxing can be painful though as you tear out all of your chest hair at one time. The results will last about 3 weeks. Very few waxing products are strong enough for a man to use on his chest, if you are going to choose one, use Zip Wax. You melt it in the microwave. Be ready to pull hard and pull fast. Then curse all you want because it’s going to hurt like hell.
Here is a vintage shot of Alec Baldwin sporting some killer chest hair.
Another alternative is to use a product like Nair for Men on the chest. It works fairly well and lasts a couple of weeks but in some cases it can give you a nasty chemical burn.
A final alternative is to just trim the hair in a reasonable fashion. Something like setting number 4 (of nine) on a beard trimmer will have you looking nice and clean. You can use a shorter setting (like setting number 2) on your shoulders, stomach and upper arms and a longer setting on your chest (number 4) to give yourself some definition. Tom Selleck (pictured on the cake above) was probably more like a setting 8 on the trimmer, but the days of a hairy chest have passed.
Here is a photo of multi-millionaire Simon Cowell sporting a strange “Rally Stripe” stomach hair style. Simon also sports what has to be an $8 hair cut. It’s pretty goddam square.
I don’t know who this guy is, but I would drink a beer with this guy. Fucking awesome.